Whether you’re new to the job market or an experienced professional thinking of a change, we can help you identify the career that’s right for you, based on your interests and abilities.
We recognize that job seekers face unique challenges and provide personalized counseling to a wide range of individuals wishing to discover their individual strengths, aptitudes, skills, values and preferences and how they relate to specific job options. So whether you are just starting out, recently laid off, looking for a change…a new or a mature worker….we can help.
We administer and interpret reliable skill, interest and personality type tests to help identify your interests, abilities and values and how they relate to potential careers.
In today’s competitive job market, you need to do everything you can to ensure that you can effectively articulate your competitive advantages relative to others seeking the same position. First to get you noticed, then to get you hired.
At PCG, it’s our goal to help you achieve your career goals and to ensure that your resume, cover letter, interviewing and networking skills are at their best to support a successful outcome.
How We Help
- One-on-one career counseling ensures personalized career marketing tools needed to competitively market yourself and the support and encouragement you may need along the way to keep you positive and focused.
- We start with “what do you want to do,” and if you don’t have a clear answer, we can guide you through a career and interest assessment process to help you understand your aptitudes, personality and interests and how they relate to particular career paths and jobs.
- Career counselors offer guidance in:
- career strategy and planning
- identification and presentation of your most compelling credentials
- resume development
- cover letter development
- interview preparation
- job search assistance
Assisting you in Job Search
The search for rewarding employment can be a daunting task. Where do you start? How do you find the “hidden” jobs? PCG can help you define and conduct a strategic and successful job search campaign.
We provide job search assistance to a wide range of job seekers, including:
- People just starting a career
- People considering a job/career change
- People who have recently been laid off
In addition to one-on-one services, the PCG offers specialized trainings. Training on resume writing, cover letters, interviewing, using the internet to “surf your way” to employment, utilizing interim staffing firms and more provide valuable guidance.